Thursday, August 25, 2011

1 year! (part 2)

Y'all.  I've got some news to share...but I wanted to finish this post first.  So you'll have to wait.

If you missed part 1, you can catch it here.

We kept on celebrating our anniversary all the way up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.  It was absolutely beautiful.  We found a great deal on a sweet little inn and had a nice, romancy time.

road trip!
Our room



A little hiking before dinner...




Our view from dinner


Anything with onion rings, mashed potatoes, and gravy...count me in!

Curt's dinner....duck I think?



Curt's dessert...really yummy sorbet

Our wedding cake made the trip up from Virginia.  Surprisingly, it was really yummy!  I never got to have any on our wedding day so I don't really have anything to compare it to...

The inn where we stayed

We heard about a place nearby where you can take a gondola ride up to the top of a mountain and hike around.  It was a clear, beautiful day...couldn't have been more perfect!  I hadn't been on a gondola ride since I went to Switzerland in high school.  The mountain was quite a bit smaller, but otherwise it was just as awesome.

View from the gondola...going up the mountain

View of Mt. Washington from the top

Ummm is this the Sound of Music or what??

Gondola!



We were sad to leave, but hope to go back and camp with some friends once the leaves start changing.  For those of you in this area, definitely plan a trip!  It's beautiful!

2 comments: