I've been so blessed to have a pretty normal pregnancy so far. I felt very sick for the first few weeks, but now that has passed and I feel great! Here are some things that are going on now...
- I wish I could say that I have a cute baby belly....but really it feels more like a beer belly than anything else. It's not big enough to look like a baby bump....more like I ate too much for dinner or something...but it is growing!
- I have started to feel the baby move! At first it was hard to distinguish, but now I can feel it more and more when I lay down to go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning. It is the strangest feeling, but so cool too.
- Cravings: sour candy, limes, lemons. This is really funny to me because I used to LOVE sour things when I was a kid, but kind of grew out of it. Now I can't get enough of them.
- Aversions: avocado (so sad!), eggs...that's about it.
- My nephew (4-years-old) looked at me one night and said, "Cafrin, how did the baby get in your belly?" Then he looked a little scared and he whispered, "Did you eat it?" I died.
- I can tell I've been a little more emotional and moody lately. Although, Curt probably bears the brunt of that (poor guy!). I'm typically not a very emotional person, so this part can be draining.
- Now that I have more energy, I've been trying to keep up with running. It is hard to get started, but after I go I feel a lot better.
- We were able to get a two-bedroom apartment on campus, so our baby doesn't have to sleep in the closet. Yay! We move next week and I'm looking forward to decorating the nursery.
- We find out if we are having a boy or a girl on Monday! We can't wait. A lot of people have given us their opinions on whether or not we should find out, but we've decided it's what we want to do. I feel like it will make it all that much more real and also help us narrow down some names. Any early guesses as to what it will be???