Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas in MA

Since the baby is due any day now, we weren't able to travel home to Virginia for the holidays.  A lot of people asked me if we were sad about that.   That was a tough question to answer.  Sure, I was sad that we weren't going to see our friends and families....but I was also really happy that we didn't have to brave the chaos of traveling during the holidays.  We had the most wonderful, quiet Christmas up here in Massachusetts and I wouldn't have had it any other way.  It's comforting to know that we'll see our families soon when the baby arrives.  It was also really nice to have about two weeks to hang out, just Curt and me, before we become a family of three.

 Our Christmas Eve dinner....lobster!  Complete with preggo-friendly sparkling pomegranate juice :)

 Our cozy "fire"




 Confession:  I LOVE decorating for Christmas.  I am also secretly glad that my baby is due in early January because it gives me an extra excuse to leave my decorations up a little longer :)

 Christmas morning - Curt opening his stocking

 Skyping with the fam....yes, that is our "fireplace" in the background.

 
 37.5 weeks!

 We even got a little snow on Christmas day!

Curt's baby owner's manual...bahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment