Friday, January 4, 2013

39 Weeks



I am officially 39 weeks today.  I haven't done a very good job of documenting my pregnancy, neither through the blog nor a personal journal.  That makes me a little sad because I know I will want to look back and think about what it was like after the baby is here.   So here's my last ditch attempt to remember a few things about this experience.

-  I feel better than I thought I would at this point.  I always imagined myself feeling a little like Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when I was 9 months pregnant.  While there are moments of discomfort (tying my shoes, trying to get out of the bed, etc.), I feel pretty good for the most part.

- The baby has one certain way that she likes to stretch all the time.  She shoves her feet out on my right side and sticks her butt out in the front.  It makes my belly look insane.

- During pregnancy your sinuses swell and Curt says I've been snoring lately.  Sorry babe!

- Speaking of snoring, sleep is still going pretty well.  I surround myself with lots of pillows and am able to get pretty comfortable.  The only hard part is getting up to pee 10 times a night.  Also - trying to get up out of the bed without the use of your stomach muscles is almost impossible.

- It is also impossible for me to say no to anything involving chocolate, ice cream, peanut butter, or anything else unhealthy.  I could eat nothing but sweets all day long.

- I'm still working.  I basically told my principal that I would work until Jan. 11th (the day after my due date).  I realize this sounds crazy to some people, but I actually like my job and I think I would go insane just sitting at home all day.  The kids are also hilarious about the baby.  They ask if they can see it every day.  They also try to eat a lot at lunch so they can have a big belly like Mrs. Kenney.  Too cute.

- Waking up in the morning gets harder every day.  Saturdays are amazing.

- Pretty much the only pants that are comfortable anymore are sweatpants and maternity leggings.  That's it.

- No stretch marks yet...keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. You are a super cute pregnant mama! Your belly just pokes right out front. So excited for you guys! Can't wait to hear the news of her arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maternity leggings are my best friend in the clothes world. I wish I could wear them forever. Hoping Baby Kenney comes soon and all goes well. Praying for you guys. <3

    -Lisa Nida

    ReplyDelete