Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Funny girl

Caroline first smiled at us around one month.  I didn't actually get the first smile...womp womp.  Her Grandpa Tom claims he did.  I didn't see it, so I can't confirm or deny.

The first few times we couldn't really tell if it was just a reflex smile or a social smile.  Soon after, it became more clearly a social smile.  We knew that if we smiled at her, she would usually smile right back.  Once these smiles became an every day occurrence I began to wonder when we would hear her first giggle or laugh.

We heard her giggle one time while she was sleeping and it was so sweet, but it was short and we only heard it that one time.  Until last night...

Caroline was kicking around on her activity mat like she loves to do.  Then she became bored of laying on her back staring up at her little owl friends so she started to fuss.  I was working on some lesson plans on my computer.  I scooped her up, sat her on my lap, and pulled the computer onto my knees to continue my work.  As soon as I pulled the computer up Curt and I both heard an unmistakable belly laugh coming from that tiny little baby.  We stared at each other in disbelief and then died laughing.  She kept doing it and we kept laughing.  Soon we were both crying we were laughing so hard.  She even laughed long enough for us to get it on video.... Enjoy!



Caroline's 1st laugh from Catherine Kenney on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment