Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Easter 2013

So we're a bit late to be posting about Easter, but this whole full-time-job-plus-part-time-job-plus-baby thing has me worn out! I'm finally on Spring Break (yay!), so I have a bit of extra time on my hands. 

We had a wonderful Easter at our church, BUT I have a few things to say about Easter in the Northeast. Now, to me Easter is a celebration. It's a celebration first and foremost of an empty tomb...that Jesus is alive...and that God has conquered all...even death. It's a celebration of new life. It's a celebration of a new season. AND it's usually a celebration of warmer weather and cute clothes. However, in the Northeast it's really hard to wear your cute Easter dress when it's below 30 degrees. 

So, what's a girl to do? Welp, dress up her baby, of course! Caroline was dressed to the nines in her cute pink smocked dress (smocking - another tradition lost in the Northeast). I had to pair it with tights, a sweater, and a hat....but she still looked adorable. 

 Here are some pictures from our day.

   

The pictures below may all look the same to you, but not to a proud mama!





No comments:

Post a Comment