Thursday, April 21, 2011

For the love of cilantro...

I haven't been cooking very much lately.  Things have been busy around here.  We're moving into the last few weeks of school for Curt, I've taken on some more responsibility at work,  I'm training for a half-marathon....you get the picture.  I've also been rather uninspired by the recipes I've been seeing lately.  Nothing has really looked good enough to make...until I saw this:  steak tacos with cucumber-avocado salsa

This recipe combines a lot of things that I really really love:  cilantro (it's hard to say in words how much I truly love this herb), avocado, lime, steak...

I wanted to share this because...well...it's worth sharing.  It's easy, it's quick, it has (relatively) few ingredients, and it's sooo amazingly delicious.  In my book, that makes it a recipe well worth sharing.  Here you go!

All of these tasty ingredients go into the salsa.


oooohhhhh cilantro....how I love you!!

All of these yummy things are rubbed on the steak before cooking.  I hear some of you naysayers out there saying, "Cinnamon?  Really??"  Trust me, it was good.

The final product!  We also added a little sour cream and hot sauce.  Sooo good...and easy!

Now go make this for yourself and let me know how it goes!

*Sidenote:  I'm considering giving cooking/baking posts a more regular spot on the blog....but I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment....yet.  Thoughts??

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that looks soo good. Bobby and I often just have guacamole, chips, and wine for dinner :)

    Love following your blog!

    ReplyDelete