Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Curt's Birthday!

We celebrated Curt's birthday this past Tuesday (December 14th).  It was right in the middle of finals week so we kept the celebration low key.  I made Curt a dinner of his request:  meatloaf (thanks again to our amazing friend Laura Dean for this recipe...it's the best!), mashed potatoes, and macaroni & cheese.  I took the liberty of adding green beans to our exceptionally starchy meal.  Curt's not much of a "cake" guy, so for dessert we had creme brulee.  It was quite the adventure in baking, but it turned out pretty well!

It was fun to celebrate Curt together as a married couple.  I'm so thankful a husband that loves the Lord, loves me, is kind, sweet, smart, funny, helpful, even-tempered, and forgiving.  We have so much fun together every day and I look forward to celebrating many more years of my great husband.  Here are a few pictures from our night:

The feast!

 Poor birthday boy trying to study.


 Thanks again to Julia and Bobby for our creme brulee set and torch!  It was so fun to use.


 Yum!

 Happy Birthday, Curt!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment