Wednesday, March 6, 2013

One Month with Caroline





Learning to smile! 

 "Mom, I'm bored.."



"aaaaaand I'm done."


Dear Sweet Caroline,

You are already one month old!  I can't believe it.  This first month has been a blur.  You are such a joy to your daddy and me.  You are a happy baby who loves to sleep and be held.  You love to look at lights, especially natural light.  I like to think that this means you will love being outside (which I promise we will do often once it's not negative degrees outside).  You also love to lay on your activity mat and stare at your little "friends."  You are happy to stay like that for about 20 minutes.  It's amazing to me.  You sneeze all the time!  It's the cutest thing.  You usually sneeze about 3-4 times before you're all done.  I love it.  You are such a good sleeper too.  You can sleep anywhere and you do.  When Nana and Pop Pop were here we went out to eat three times and you slept through the entire meal every time.  You are a good eater too.  You are already getting faster and more efficient at nursing....but that makes me a little sad too because it means that I don't get to spend as much time with you and it also means you are growing up.  I wish I could freeze you as a little newborn baby.  You are so sweet and so loved!!

This month we went on a 14-hour road trip from Boston to Virginia and you slept almost the whole time.  You love riding in the car and can barely keep your eyes open once we get moving.  You got to meet so many people, including everyone in your extended family except Aunt Grace and Uncle Andrew....but you'll meet them soon...and your new cousin!

We are so blessed by you and thankful to God for giving us such a precious gift.  Your daddy and I tell each other every day that we have a perfect baby.  Of course, we know you're going to make mistakes at times...but to us,  you are perfect.  We love you so much!

Love,
Mama and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment