Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day.  I have always thought it was kind of cheesy.  I usually prefer to do normal sorts of things on that day.  Last year I did two of my favorite things with two of my favorite people:  I ate at Chick-Fil-A and went to the movies with Curt and Laura.  It was glorious.  I would do it again every year.  Except this year we would've gone to see Justin Beiber:  Never Say Never.  In 3D.

Now that I'm married, I decided to give the more traditional celebrations a try....  Surprisingly, it was a lot of fun.  Since we're poor and can't afford to go out to eat, we decided to pretend like we were at a restaurant in our own apartment.  We set the table up nicely, planned out an appetizer, main dish, dessert, and special drinks.  If your wallet is a little on the light side, and you LOVE to go out to eat, I highly recommend trying this.

Our appetizer:  spinach and artichoke dip with fresh parmesan cheese and blue tortilla chips (best chips in the world, in my humble opinion)

It ain't Valentine's Day without some heart socks!

Main dish: Lobster (our new fave) with garlic butter sauce and roasted asparagus.  This time we cooked the lobster ourselves....sooo good.

My cute chef hard at work.

Yum!


Yes, we had homemade creme brulee again.  It's that good.  And yes, we basically just re-created our Christmas Eve dinner....why mess with a good thing?


This gorgeous card came from my lovely friend, Mallory.  I thought it perfectly embodied the spirit of Valentine's Day.  Thanks again, friend!

The best part of the night:  I got to relax on the couch while Curt did ALL the dishes.  Amazing!


This day made me thankful for the abundance of love in my own life from my husband, my family, and my friends.  But more importantly, from my Heavenly Father.  I'm thankful for a love that never changes, always satisfies, and teaches our own fickle hearts how to love. 

"We love because he first loved us."
1 John 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment